The WIN website and social media accounts are available for indigenous and local community land and sea managers to engage with each other, share ideas, stories and experiences.
WIN asks that all website and social media users be respectful of each other’s cultures, backgrounds, different opinions or perspectives and celebrate cultural diversity.
In cases where inappropriate, inflammatory, racist or irrelevant content is posted, these posts and/or contributions will be removed by the WIN’s moderation team. The moderation of discussions and the removal of content is it at the sole discretion of the WIN Secretariat.
Please send any questions regarding moderation guidelines to [email protected]
WIN Website and Social Media Moderation Guidelines
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others. When making post or comment do not include any private or personal information about yourself or others.
- Post information that is relevant to the forum, page or discussion topic. When posting information, documents, videos or images to the page make sure you own the copyright or have permission from the content author to use their materials. Please only post information and make comments once.
- Be respectful of other people’s experiences, cultures and community opinions. Do not make defamatory or slanderous comments about individuals, cultures, places or nations. Do not use obscene or offensive language.
- Do not post commercial, business or political interests.
- Do not promote political agendas or advocacy campaigns.
Social Media Disclaimers
When you use the WIN social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) you are using an external site. Each site has its own guidelines and legal policies and you are bound by their terms and conditions of use. We encourage you to read this information posted on the sites before participating in social media activities.
The WIN Secretariat does not endorse and is not accountable for any views expressed by third parties using social media, external content, links and views are those of the original author.